Tuna carpaccio “la zingara”, avocado, sesame seeds & bottarga
- 400g fresh tuna (sashimi grade)
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1 juice of one lime
- 1 tsp bottarga powder
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and cut in small diced
- ½ cucumber peeled and diced small
- Spice grind: two star anise, 30 coriander seeds, 30 fennel seeds, 30 pepper corns,
- 10 green cardamom pods. all ground together
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 punnet baby basil
- 100ml thick vin cotto
- 50 g mixed white and black sesame seed.
- 1 punnet baby basil leaves
INGREDIENTS FOR GREEN CHILLI PASTE:
- 60g long green chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic- minced
- 50 ml lemon oil
- 50 gr spinach leaves
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp roasted coriander seeds
- Blend together, until form a smooth paste and reserve.
In a food processor make a puree with the avocados, salt and lime juice, when ready place in the fridge.
Cut the tuna into thick sausage shape and reserve.
Dice all the trimmings from the tuna very small, mix with chili paste, diced cucumber, diced tomato and reserve.
Roll the tuna with ground spices, sear in a hot pan very quickly, then roll with cling film, very tightly and cool down in the fridge.
When roll is cold cut into 24 thin slices, brush with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle some sea salt and make mini sandwich with the diced tuna.
To plate up spread some avocado mousse, place three tuna sandwiches, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil. With the excess diced tuna mixed with the green chilli add to the plate in small mounds. Sprinkle some bottarga, sesame